Tuscan Rubbed Chicken
Author: Columbia Basin Culinary
Recipe type: Main
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 6 boneless and skinless chicken breasts
- 1 chopped onion
- 1 cups of white wine (or substitute water or chicken stock)
- 2 cups of halved cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup of pitted mixed olives (select your favorites)
- 2 tbsp chopped basil
- 1 tbsp oregano
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375°
- Heat olive oil in large oven-proof skillet over medium heat.
- Season the chicken breasts on both sides with salt & pepper, then grill for a few minutes to get nice char marks. Set aside.
- Add onion & garlic and sauté for 3 to 4 minutes. De-glaze with wine, add tomatoes, olives, ½ tsp salt, pepper to taste and 1 tbsp of chopped basil and oregano. Sauté 2 - 3 minutes.
- Nestle chicken in tomatoe mixture, add more wine to cover. Transfer to over and bake for 30 minutes.
- Garnish with remainder of basil and/or parsley and enjoy!