Lavender Shortbread Cookies
Author: Stephanie Brook
Recipe type: Dessert
This recipe of Shortbread only calls for four ingredients, and a minimal amount of prep time. The results will be a delectable delight, and depending on the season, equally as good served with lavender tea, lavender lemonade or a cold glass of milk.
- ¼ teaspoon dried lavender bud
- 1 stick butter @ room temp.
- ¼ cup Lavender Baking Sugar
- 1¼ cup all purpose flour
- In a medium to large bowl, cream the butter and ¼ cup of Lavender Baking Sugar until they appear smooth.
- Add flour and dried lavender buds to the bowl and mix until dough is formed.
- Roll the dough into a ball, and wrap in plastic.
- Refrigerate the dough for at least 30 minutes to allow it to chill and become firm.
- Preheat oven to 350°F when dough is nearly ready.
- Remove dough from fridge and roll it out until its about ¼ inch thick.
- Cut the dough into 15-18 even rectangle pieces.
- Place the dough onto parchment paper.
- Lightly sprinkle the top of the dough with Lavender Baking Sugar.
- Bake at 350° for about 8-10 minutes until edges are browned.
- Remove cookies from the oven and allow them to cool on the baking sheet for several minutes before moving them to a wire rack to cool further.